Ask an Expert

Incorrect address on employees’ T4s | Minimum standards for bereavement leave | Reducing tax deductions for TFSA contributions
By Annie Chong
|Canadian Payroll Reporter|Last Updated: 02/27/2019

Incorrect address on employees’ T4s

QUESTION: After distributing T4s to our employees and filing our T4 return, I was informed that some employee home addresses were incorrect on the forms. The employees had moved, but failed to notify us. We distribute our T4s electronically, so the employees in question did receive their forms. Do I need to file amended forms with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to correct the addresses?

ANSWER: No, the CRA does not require employers to file amended T4s if they are only changing an employee’s address.